Re: rdf inclusion

>pat hayes wrote:
>
>>What does that mean? CYCL is a notational variety of FOL, right? In
>>what way is that 'extensible' ? It doesn't enable one to extend the
>>model theory.
>>
>>Pat
>
>Come on Pat. You know better! CycL is way more than that ... Its the
>kitchen sink of a large scale cafeteria plus
>many other things thrown into it, discussion of which is probably
>neither apropos for this mailing list or for polite company ;-)

As far as I know, it is not *way* more than that. It has many pieces
of specialized inference machinery, but most of them perform
first-order valid inferences, I believe, albeit perhaps by
nonstandard (and very fast) methods. I realize it has some
technically non-first-order things built into it involving fixpoint
semantics, but I bet they could all be transcribed into KIF using row
quantifiers. And none of it is 'extensible' in any useful sense, as
far as I know.  Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes