Re: rdfs:Class vs. daml:Class ?

Ian,

Ian Horrocks wrote:

> On March 18, Steven Gollery writes:
> > Ian,
> >
> > Thank you for the explanation. I realized after writing the original message that it was
> > basically only a coincidence that the majority of DAML ontologies I was working with
> > were using rdfs:Class: I see now that only some of the ontologies on the list at the
> > DAML site do this and the majority use daml:Class.
> >
> > About your paper: has there been any official response to the idea of using rdfs(fa) to
> > redefine the model for rdf and rdfs?
>
> Not much. There is a proposal to indicate some triples as being
> "non-asserted", which I believe can be seen as a very weak form of
> layered architecture (but when I suggested this to Pat he was rather
> dismissive).

I'm sorry to hear that: some of the work that I'm doing could conceivably benefit from an rdf
model that could be aligned more closely with the UML layered architecture. I'll just have to
work something out.

I appreciate the answers you've given me on this and on other questions about DAML.

Steve Gollery