Re: Implementing statement grouping, contexts, quads and scopes

Danny Ayers wrote:

> So essentially I'm suggesting two aspects to the context/grouping issue,
> firstly that in the wild (on the web or otherwise available through public
> interfaces) the triples exist implicitly as quads, i.e.
>
> [email:765] [urn:Sassi] [a:hasSpecies] [a:cat]
>
> and that whether or not triples get asserted remains entirely a local
issue,
> decided by the implementation.
>
> Putting this more strongly, we only really have two contexts - 'in the
wild'
> and 'in application X'.

Whether triples get asserted is not entirely a local issue, nor should it
be.

Consider above, that your triples are "colored" by the base URI of their
containing document, in this case your e-mail. Now consider a "current
document" which is identified (as always) by a URI.

In base RDF, a triple is _asserted_ when its color (i.e. base URI) is equal
to the "current document" URI. Now how one determines the "current document"
is outside the scope of RDF, and needs to be more formally addressed for a
semantic web to get working.

Jonathan