Re: Implementing statement grouping, contexts, quads and scopes

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:53:40 -0400
To: RDF Logic <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

[Danny Ayers

> So essentially I'm suggesting two aspects to the context/grouping issue,
> firstly that in the wild (on the web or otherwise available through public
> interfaces) the triples exist implicitly as quads, i.e.
>
> [email:765] [urn:Sassi] [a:hasSpecies] [a:cat]
>
> and that whether or not triples get asserted remains entirely a local
issue,
> decided by the implementation.
>
> Putting this more strongly, we only really have two contexts - 'in the
wild'
> and 'in application X'.

You have collected some triples into sests, but to me a "quad" is
individually identifiable.  In RDF, saying "about resource='email:765'"
won't do this, and you can not say about "about='A and B'".  So if you had a
processor that could do this, you could not express in RDF anything to
distinguish the sandbox from the livebox.

That might be OK, but I suspect that it will be useful to deal with more
than one "color" of assertions in the future, which this mechanism cannot
do.

Cheers,

Tom P