Re: properties as nodes etc.

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:13:47 +0100
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

At 07:48 AM 6/24/02 -0700, Seth Russell wrote:
>From: "Graham Klyne" <GK@NineByNine.org>
> > *If* multiple arcs with the same (s p o) are allowed in the graph syntax,
> > they would have exactly the same semantic consequences as a single such
> > arc.  I can't recall which way the RDFcore WG has decided on the syntactic
> > legality of this.  The original M&S talks of sets of statements, so can be
> > read as disallowing multiple instances.  But my main point is that it
> > doesn't really make any difference and applications shouldn't be sensitive
> > to multiple instances.
>Well shouldn't an application be sensitive to who said a triple and when
>they said it ?

Depends on the application.  That puts the whole question into a different
context (sic).

If using reification to track provenance, its not the same triple that
appears multiple times.

If using multiple graphs (documents) for this, then I suppose I should have
said:  applications shouldn't be sensitive to multiple instances if a
triple in a single graph.

Graham Klyne