From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:15:34 +0100
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

At 05:55 AM 6/12/02 -0400, Jim Hendler wrote:

>[1] http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html

Nice!  I thought this should maybe be noted in the datatyping debate:

34. The string is a stark data structure and everywhere it is passed there
is much duplication of process. It is a perfect vehicle for hiding information.

And for the various semantic debates:

47. As Will Rogers would have said, "There is no such thing as a free

50. When we understand knowledge-based systems, it will be as before --
except our fingertips will have been singed.

102. One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.

Graham Klyne