Re: Datatypes input: summary of responses so far

All things considered I think the undtidy option (yes to D) is the better of
the two options put forth. I base this on:

Tidy
====
Pro:
- most existing implementations are likely to assume tidy literals today
- possible performance benefits for some implementations
Con:
- can't satisfactorily handle the progressive qualification of a datatyped
literal (i.e. the common usage of specifying a value by literal or by anon
node with additional typing if known)

Untidy
=====
Pro:
- can nicely handle the progressive qualification of a datatyped literal
Con:
- not sure I inderstand all of the implications of literals as referrers so
I'm a little wary

That said, if the core group made it the job of the rdf/xml parser to just
expand a literal value into a typed node at parse time, I'd prefer the tidy
option.

--Geoff Chappell