Re: Paradoxes are bugs on the SW was: Re: questions on assertion

Giles Hogben wrote:

> So what is the meaning of assertion in RDF? If triples are, as you say,
> unasserted, what is the meaning of
>
> "This document describes a model theory for RDF(S) which treats the
language
> as simple assertional language, in which each triple makes a distinct
> assertion and the meaning of any triple is not changed by adding other
> triples"

I did not say that triples are unasserted according to RDF, to the contrary.
I said that in order to solve some of the broader issues that Joshua raised,
languages or layers that are (in some sense) built on RDF may need to use
RDF triples as _syntax_ to which the model theory of such a language
provides its own semantics.

Jonathan