RE: reification test case

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:31:59 -0800
To: "'Seth Russell'" <seth@robustai.net>, "'Peter F. Patel-Schneider'" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
> Ok, ok, ok .. I was wrong .. mea copa.   So how do we
> represent the class of oldsmobiles?

You seem to be combining assertions about the class
("there are many students at the university")
with assertions that are intended to be about some/many/all/most
members of the class
("every student has taken a course covering quantifiers in
knowledge representation systems").

If you want to say something about every/some/all/most/
probably-every-single-one-with-perhaps-a-few-exceptions
then you need to figure out how you're going to deal
with quantifiers.

All automobiles have a motor, except for the ones
where the motor has been taken out, perhaps because
it's in the shop.

Looking for quick online resources, I found

http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/phmartin/webKB/doc/papers/webne
t00/

and its reference to

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Toolbox.html#Quantifica