Re: Classes and predicates as first class objects

From: R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:24:35 -0700
To: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Ian,

Tell me if you agree with the following ... At least one of the
following has to occur:

a) RDF provides for the notion of a reserved vocabulary. This reserved
vocabulary will include terms like first and last, which are crucial to
constructing paradoxes. They will not include general predicates and
hence it will be possible to use predicates as arguments to other
predicates.
b) OWL is not layered on RDF/S, i.e., owl does not allow for classes and
predicates to be arguments to predicates.
c) OWL's semantics are very different from that used by DAML+OIL.

guha