Re: Semantics, in particular DAML+OIL semantics

From: R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:09:39 -0700
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
CC: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Peter,

   I don't think we have a problem of one-logic many syntaxes. As you
point out, that is not a problem at all.

   We have a problem of many logics one syntax.  If you do have an
integrated model theory of RDF, RDFs and OWL and DAML-S, ... one which
does not require RDF and RDFs to throw away many of their features to
fit the model of a description logic, you really should propose it.

 Otherwise, I am afraid all I can see is consternation caused by the
inability of description logics to accomodate a fairly basic feature
that has been found useful in many widely implemented systems.

Guha