RE: Ontology Mapping

From: Emery, Pat <pemery@grci.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:45:00 -0400
To: "'Bill Andersen'" <andersen@ontologyworks.com>
Cc: RDF Logic <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "Hart, Lewis" <lhart@grci.com>, Hector Ceballos <al780234@mail.mty.itesm.mx>

Bill,
Lewis departed for vacation at lunch time and won't be back till thursday.

So as not to leave you haning for an answer till then...

As taken from http://codip.grci.com/Articulation.daml the comment field for
Match.
"A specialization of ObjectProperty that matches its non-empty set of
subjects to its non-empty set of objects."
The mapping is asymmetric, from the subject ontology to the object ontology.
as described on http://codip.grci.com/Tools/ArtiServicePage.html
More details are discussed on the Service Page.

Seems similar to DCG's but with a Match the specification of the translation
between
the subject(set) and object(set) is optional.

Pat
Patrick Emery
AT&T Government Solutions
1900 Gallows Rd.       Voice (703)506-5259
Vienna, Va 22182       Fax   (703)556-4261