getting daml:imports right is easy?

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:32:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-logic@w3c.org

[I'm forwarding a short interchange between Dan Connolly and me and
the "importing" issue, with his permission.]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
To: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 16:32, Drew McDermott wrote:
[...]
>    Another version at a different level of abstraction would be that the
>    current document "in-some-sense-buys-into" the worldview, claims
>    etc (including associated axioms etc) of the referenced
>    document. This is hard to get right.
>
> Au contraire.  It's extremely easy to get right.
[...]

Do tell how to get the specification of daml:imports right,
please!

It seems, to me, to involve messy stuff like log:semantics,
cyc-style 'lifting', and that sort of thing. Doesn't
look easy to me.

- --