RE: DAML Level of Effort for FY03-FY05

From: Didier VILLEVALOIS <dvillevalois@techmetrix.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:11:15 +0200
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, Didier VILLEVALOIS <dvillevalois@techmetrix.net>
Cc: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>, Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>, drager@bbn.com, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Hi Dan,

I do agree the meaning of the import property is not 'yet' clear.
I think the *perspective* concept that Jeff Heflin introduced in his thesis
is a good representation of views over the semantic web.

In fact, i can't see any reason to use something else than the namespace
declaration
just to refer to a term. (and that's what i do in my software)
For me, *importation* would be more a kind of aknowledging of the model
theory (meaning)
implied by how this term is defined.

What i suggest anyway is that we need a super-property for all properties
that define links
between documents. Maybe you'll find that rdfs:seeAlso or rdfs:isDefinedBy
is sufficient but i need
to refine their semantic.

Didier.

[Dan]