Re: model theory for RDF/S

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:56:56 -0400
To: phayes@ai.uwf.edu
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Subject: Re: model theory for RDF/S
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:18:46 -0500

> One needs to draw some rather delicate distinctions here, as the RDF
> syntactic constraint forbidding literals in subject position, ...

I don't see how your document forbids nodes labeled with literals as the
heads of edges.  As you make the RDF graphs be your primary syntax, I think
that you have to allow all RDF graphs, not just RDF graphs that derive from
valid XML serializations (or valid sequences of n-triples).

My suggestion would be to change your definition of RDF graphs.  (See also
my upcoming message on a cleaned-up model theory for RDF.)

peter