Re: model theory for RDF/S

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 17:13:45 +0200
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 16:21, Pat Hayes wrote:
> The RDF core working group has now published a model theory for (most
> of) RDF/S, available at http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/. Comments are
> welcome, as usual.

Very interesting! A few comments:

Section 3, 1:
"...every member of S also satisfies E'"
I guess this is E, not E'...

Section 3.1, 3:
"A tidy ground instance with respect to any set which is disjoint from
vocab(E)..."
I may be wrong but this sound redundant: how could possibly be tidy an
instance with respect to a set including URIs from vocab(E) ?

Section 3.1, Skolemization Lemma:
typo: sk() becomes SK().

Section 5:
in rules 3b and 4, bbb should be uuu
(or the produced triples may have a literal as subject or predicate)
I also think that in the example, some triples are missing from the
given closure (though these are triples which will be generated for
every schema closure):
  rdfs:Resource rdf:type rdfs:Resource
  rdfs:Resource rdf:type rdfs:Class
  rdf:Property rdf:type rdfs:Resource
  rdf:Property rdf:type rdfs:Class
  rdfs:Class rdf:type rdfs:Resource
  rdfs:Class rdf:type rdfs:Class
I guess that's all... :)

By the way, wouldn't that be as easy as generating all those triples to
automatically include the Schema for RDFSchema, which makes much of them
explicit directly ?

> This doesn't cover reification, by the way. Maybe in a future
> version, but don't hold your breath.

I won't ;-)

  Pierre-Antoine