Re: model theory for RDF/S

>Pat Hayes wrote:
>

>>  >>  rdf:type rdf:range rdfs:Class .
>>  >>
>>  >>  Indeed, there seems to be no way to generate that, which should of
>>  >>  course be in every closure. Damn, you are right. And of course also:
>>  >>
>>  >>  rdfs:subClassOf rdf:range rdfs:Class .
>>  >>  rdfs:subClassOf rdf:domain rdfs:Class .
>>  >  > rdf:range rdf:domain rdfs:Property .
>>  >>  rdf:range rdf:range rdfs:Class .
>>  >>  rdf:domain rdf:domain rdfs:Property .
>>  >>  rdf:domain rdf:range rdfs:Class .
>

>Pat,
>
>Should there also be, for each Resource uuu of type Class, the triple
>
>uuu rdfs:subClassOf uuu
>
>I assume this _is_ trivially true, now that subClass cycles are
>permitted?

Hmm, interesting point, I hadnt noticed that case. Thanks for raising
it. Actually I think this is not strictly required by the model
theory in its current incarnation, though it probably should be.

Let me get back to you on that.

Pat Hayes
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes