RE: Let's get the Literals out of the RDF Graph

Forgive me for perhaps being just a bit daft here, but what is
the utility of having a more verbose representation in the graph
rather than just deriving it automatically and regularly as needed.

After all, a string *is* a sequence already. That's part of its definition.
No need to make explicit what can be left implicit and reliably obtained
as needed. It's all about which is more expensive. I.e., whether you'd
be dissecting the literals or concatenating the characters more often.

Looks like a really useful ontology for operating on the component
characters of literals, but not IMO for a graph-native representation
of literals.

Otherwise, why not do the same for all labels, including URIs?! ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453