RE: DAML-S parsing

In theory, DAML-S is should be a collection of DAML+OIL ontologies for
describing services, so yes you should be able to use the DAML API to
process it. However, the DAML-S folks have chosen to actually use mostly
RDFS to define there ontologies, so the DAML API does not process it very
well. (DAML-S uses RDFS:Class rather than DAML:Class, RDF:Property rather
than DAML:Property, and so on...)

The attached XSLT file will transform the RDFS elements into their DAML
equivalents. You can preprocess an RDFSish DAML file using the attached file
using Xalan from  <http://xml.apache.org/> http://xml.apache.org/  (or other
XSL processor) then the DAML API can handle it.

This transform will most likely be incorporated, in some form, into the next
version of the DAML API.

- Lewis

Lewis L Hart
GRC International           lhart@grci.com
1900 Gallows Rd.       Voice (703)506-5938
Vienna, Va 22182         Fax (703)556-4261