From: Balon, Corey [mailto:cbalon@grci.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 8:34 AM
To: 'jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com'; sean@mysterylights.com
Cc: fernanda@ppgia.pucpr.br; www-rdf-interest@w3.org;
www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Subject: RE: Not-subClassOf

if you want to sat :X notSubClassOf :Y

then can you say something similar to

:Z daml:subClassOf [ daml:complementOf :X ]
:Z daml:subClassOf :Y

in other words, there exists a class Z which is a subClassOf
Y and a subClassOf the complement of X

This way you know there is at least one little part of Y that's
not in X

guess you need to add somehow that Z is not daml:Nothing
(is that assumed??)