RE: DAML+OIL (March 2001) released

> From: Jonas Liljegren [mailto:jonas@rit.se]
> I would like to see these examples formulated in RDF, since I can't
> understand exactly whay you mean with 'is a kind of', 'are equal'...

Sorry, Jonas, I skimmed the vital three lines in your original email and
missed the key point that fixes my four examples:

> The important thing here is to make { xsd:element rdfs:subClassOf
> rdfs:Literal }.  That's the way to integrate XML schema into RDF.  No
> need for alienating DAML or use those extra property types.

With this point noted, I retract my scatter-gun comments and extend an
apology instead.  RDFS prohibits anything being a subclass of a literal, so
my first two examples go away.  RDF also prohibits using a literal as a
domain, so my third and fourth examples go away.  Neat!

Now all we need to do is to define { xsd:element rdfs:subClassOf
rdfs:Literal } in some appropriate place.

		- Peter