Re: DAML+OIL (March 2001) released

Thanks for the quick feedback...

Jonas Liljegren wrote:

> Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com> writes:
>
> > A new language version, DAML+OIL (March 2001), available at
> > [1], has been released by the Joint Committee [2].  The
> > major new features are support for XML Schema data types and
> > improved documentation.
> >
> > [1] http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-index
> >
> > [2] http://www.daml.org/committee/
>
> Why is there a new daml:Class?

Maybe that's a typo? Oh... no, I think it's motivated by
the design of datatypes...

See discussion of "disjointness of object and datatype domains"
in

  Datatype Extension to DAML+OIL
  http://www.daml.org/2001/03/differences-daml+oil.html
  Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:00:00 GMT

> Why not place the datatype definitions in the same document?  Even if
> you use XMLSchema, the metadata must be representable in a RDF graph.

I think we'll get there eventually... I tried to make that case
but didn't really fill in the details sufficiently to make it clear
to the rest of the folks working on DAML+OIL.

If you'd like to look into the details and see if you can
write the datatype definitions in RDF, I'd sure appreciate it.