RE: Datalog With Only Binary Relations Is Too Weak

At 04:45 PM 3/17/01 +0100, jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com wrote:
>     {{:gregorian :grandparent :bret} log:implies
>      {{:gregorian :skolemfun :bret} :parent :bret}} log:implies
>    {{:gregorian :skolemfun :bret} a :isLoved}.

This is intriguing stuff...

(...meaning I'm not sure that I understand the details ;^)

>I try to find evidence that having (nested) dyadic formulae
>is a good thing to limit to ...

Are you referring here to the idea that the form "{:gregorian :skolemfun
:bret}" for Skolem functions limits us to Dyadic Skolem functions?

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org