Re: Inference in daml

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:39:58 -0700
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, "Geoff Chappell" <geoff@sover.net>
Cc: "SEM-DEV" <sem-dev@yahoogroups.com>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>

> Strangely enough, Seth (who's on the CC anyway) discussed unreifying a
> little while ago on RDF Logic, although I can never remember the URL
> of the post. Maybe he can prompt us.

I think to give meaning to our graph models we need the arcs to be able to
take the actions of a virtual machine as objects.  That way the propositions
are relative to things grounded in the behavior of the machines.  Then
concepts like 'reify' and 'unreify' can have tangible and unambiguous
interpretations.   Please see the mentograph [1] below.

[1] http://robustai.net/mentography/ReifyUnreify.gif
[2] http://robustai.net/mentography/reification.gif

Seth Russell