Re: Nests and abstract syntax: Quads vs. nests as sets of Triples

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:28:47 -0400
To: "Drew McDermott" <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>, <jborden@mediaone.net>
Cc: <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Drew:
> I.e., the "nest" component of every tuple at the top level of a page is
> that page's URI.

That is how I used to do it until a few days ago.  Then I realized that the
document, idenified by the URI, and the nest were different.
(For example, distinct documents with different authorships could
parse to the same nest. This doesn't make them different documents)

So, I currently use the relationship log:resolvesTo to link the document
and the formula.  So you can say, for example, that is D log:resolvesTo N
and D has dc:Creator Drew then N is true.

A minor point.

Tim