Re: properties with classes as values?

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:13:23 +0100
To: "Hart, Lewis" <lhart@grci.com>, "David Martin" <martin@ai.sri.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
> Couldn't the above range expression be simplified, since
> all things that are a subClassOf something must be a
> Class? This makes the intersection superfluous.

Yep, I realise that, but as David didn't specify that Class was
rdfs:Class, I wondered if he meant some arbitrary class that he had
invented. Either way, it doesn't matter, because although superfluous,
it's still correct; although, if David does mean rdfs:Class, then yes,
it would be best to do it without the intersection (of course!).

If he does mean some arbitrary class, thne what you have in an
intersection of all things that are a member of some subClassOf
Animal, and the other arbitrary class, for example, "Cold". Some cold
subClassOf animals; polar bears that don't live in zoos, perhaps? :-)

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer