RE: Reification quoting in RDF/N3 was: A note comparing Conceptua l Graphs and RDF/Semantic Web

From: Bill dehOra <BdehOra@interx.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:19:39 -0000
To: "'Sean B. Palmer'" <sean@mysterylights.com>, Bill dehOra <BdehOra@interx.com>, "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@w3.org>, "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org

> Suppose we wanted to do this for real. 'Fred' is not a URI.

*sigh* This is the age-old problem where we want to make assertions abotut
things that don't have URIs in RDF. My take on this is that you simply
*give* them a URI:-

@prefix : <#>
:bill :loves :jane

Sure. Now are we giving them a URI before we serialize this stuff up and
send it on its way, or are we giving incoming string literals URIs? I
suggest that the latter case you'll need a human to help the machine out and
in the former you'll be lucky :)

-Bill