RE: Reification quoting in RDF/N3 was: A note comparing Conceptu al Graphs and RDF/Semantic Web

From: McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:55:39 -0000
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Cc: danbri@w3.org

> However, in the RDF syntax there is a known problem there.
> You can't quote
> something without asserting it.

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Simplifying your
example for clarity:

      <rdf:subject    rdf:about="mary"/>
      <rdf:predicate  rdf:about="wants to marry"/>
      <rdf:object     rdf:about="Fred"/>
      <foo:believedBy rdf:about="John"/>

as I understand things, the above quotes
(wants to marry, mary, Fred) without asserting it, if
I understand correctly what you mean by 'quotes'.

Please could you give a concrete example of the bug you
had in mind?

Brian McBride