RE: Bugs in 2000/12 daml+oil reference on DAML collections

Ian Horrocks [mailto:horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk] wrote:
> Another more radical solution that has just occurred to me is
> to simply scrap Disjoint. It is completely redundant because
> we can just say:
>
> <rdfs:Class>
>   <daml:disjointUnionOf rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
>     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Car"/>
>     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Person"/>
>     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Plant"/>
>   </daml:disjointUnionOf>
> </rdfs:Class>

This seems to me like a good suggestion, if Disjoint is the only instance
that we otherwise wish to add a daml:collection attribute to.  It would make
it much easier to formulate syntactic restrictions for a well-formed DAML
document.

Btw, is there any activity underway to formulate a DTD or XML schema for
DAML?

Cheers,
Ian

Ian J. Dickinson    HP Labs, Bristol, UK    mailto:Ian_Dickinson@hp.com