DAML+OIL restriction question.

From: Holmes III, William S <william.s.holmes.iii@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:52:44 -0500
To: "'RDF Logic'" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Hi all.

In the property restriction section of the DAML+OIL walk through
(http://www.daml.org/2000/12/daml+oil-walkthru.html#restrictions),
it states that the following syntax is always used:

  <restrictedBy>
    <Restriction>
      <onProperty rdf:resource="#parent"/>
      <toClass rdf:resource="#Person"/>
    </Restriction>
  </restrictedBy>

Using the "Person/parent" example, can't the same thing be said with the
following syntax using generated references? :

<rdfs:Class rdf:ID="Person">
  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#Animal"/>
  <restrictedBy rdf:resource="#A1" />
</rdfs:Class>

<Restriction rdf:ID="A1">
  <onProperty rdf:resource="#parent"/>
  <toClass rdf:resource="#Person"/>
</Restriction>

The reason I ask is that even though this is less readable, I think it
would be easier to generate when processing a list of sorted triples.

Thanks,
  Bill H.