RE: A modest proposal for reforming RDF

From: Graham Klyne <gk-lists@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:50:15 +0000
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
At 04:01 PM 12/29/00 +0000, McBride, Brian wrote:
> > the data model is
> > limited but sensible.  But the relationship between the syntax and
> > the model is not clearly described,
>
>In which case, the problem could be resolved by defining a
>new syntax and properly defining its relationship to the data
>model (better a tidied up data model).

I'm coming to the view that the syntax isn't too bad, just there's too many
features in the core RDF spec, and it's confusingly explained.

I've been helping some of our developers design XML formats that can be
interpreted as RDF:  by using only those parts of the spec that I actually
need, I find XML serialization of RDF conformant with RDFM&S can be quite
comfortable.

#g

Graham Klyne                       Content Technologies Ltd.
<Graham.Klyne@mimesweeper.com>