Re: universal languages

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:06:51 -0500
To: <connolly@w3.org>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <danbri@w3.org>, <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
It does sound interesting.  It is not that I want to be able to
encode the meaning of natural speech (because I don't regard
such utterances as logic, being connected with the analogue triggerings
of various associations in the sender's and receiver's brains).
I am interested if it is a powerful high-order language of which all
practical languages for automation on the web can be shown to
be (equivalent to) subsets.

Tim