RE: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:15:05 -0700
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Please allow me to apologise for my comment about 'selling Nokia
stock' in my recent message to you. This was intended to be
understood as an (admittedly barbed) joke, but I should know better
than to rely on email to carry facial expressions. In fact I
certainly wouldn't think of selling any Nokia stock in the present
financial climate

I suspect that there are cross-cultural differences between our
working environments.  Living as I do in the hinterlands of academia,
I take umbrage at being accused of being naive; on the other hand,
humorous references to the vagaries of the stock market have more the
flavor of schadenfreude than the frisson of genuine danger. I suspect
that both these positions are reversed for you, which may have given
the impression that my response was both much more strongly worded
than I intended it to be, and more unprovoked than I felt it to be.
But in any case, I apologise again for giving offense, and reiterate
that I have the highest regard for Nokia, and wish only that I could
afford more of their excellent products.

Pat Hayes
(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)