RE: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:15:05 -0700
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Patrick-

Please allow me to apologise for my comment about 'selling Nokia
stock' in my recent message to you. This was intended to be
understood as an (admittedly barbed) joke, but I should know better
than to rely on email to carry facial expressions. In fact I
certainly wouldn't think of selling any Nokia stock in the present
financial climate

I suspect that there are cross-cultural differences between our
working environments.  Living as I do in the hinterlands of academia,
I take umbrage at being accused of being naive; on the other hand,
humorous references to the vagaries of the stock market have more the
flavor of schadenfreude than the frisson of genuine danger. I suspect
that both these positions are reversed for you, which may have given
the impression that my response was both much more strongly worded
than I intended it to be, and more unprovoked than I felt it to be.
But in any case, I apologise again for giving offense, and reiterate
that I have the highest regard for Nokia, and wish only that I could
afford more of their excellent products.

Pat Hayes
(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)
phayes@ai.uwf.edu