RE: Summary of the QName to URI Mapping Problem

Sorry but you missed my point. It's not that the SW must ensure
the *correctness* of what is defined, but it must ensure the
*integrity* of what is defined. These are two different things.

I.e. if I use two different QNames to identify two different
resources, and those two identities are merged into a single
ambiguous identitity, then the RDF parser has failed to maintain
the integrity of my statements. Those statements may nonetheless
be incorrect or even conflicting, but that's my error, not RDF's.

It is not that ambiguities or conflicts will not arise within
SW knowledge, but if those ambiguities or conflicts are introduced
directly by the RDF parser, then that is a very bad thing indeed.

We won't ever be able to escape ambiguity on the SW, but let's not
add to it eh?

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453