Doing description logics (DAML) inference as FOL (eg using otter)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:06:27 -0400
To: horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Can anyone tell me (by rigorous analysis or rough guess) what kind of
performance characteristics I would get doing DAML reasoning using a
reasoner not built for DL?   For the portion of DAML that can be
axiomatized into pure tabled prolog, does anyone know how XSB handles
it?  For the rest, how otter handles it?  Is it easy to tell which
territory you're in?

    -- sandro (thinking about diff'ing deductive closures)