RE: Authors describing what their URIs mean

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:11:20 -0700
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, "Lee Jonas" <lee.jonas@cakehouse.co.uk>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>
Cc: "RDF Logic" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
(Seth, speaking of the uncertainty caused by the fact that RDF embedded
in HTML as per the FAQ fails the W3C validation for HTML 4.01 and XHTML
1.0):
>absurdity.  If the semantic web is to happen, then such unforgiving
minutia
>as this, will have to be left happily behind us.

FWIW, I tested the example in the FAQ and it works without complaint in
Netscape 6, Netscape 4.75, Opera 5, and IE 6.  It does not work in
Amaya.

So I see no need to hesitate..

-J