RE: RDF semantics: applications, formalism and education

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:15:42 -0400
To: aswartz@swartzfam.com, danny@panlanka.net
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
> <-
> <- Danny, as I've pointed out before, this is not an issue. RDF already has
> <- reification built in which makes this not a problem. The problem is that
> <- people don't like reification.

It is not that some of us don't like reification.  There are lots of things
that I don't like but that are completely suitable for the purposes to
which they are put.  For example, I don't like providing meaning via
axiomatization, but, carefully used, it is adequate for the job.

It is just that some of us know that reification is just not suitable for
the tasks for which it is being proposed.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research