Re: URIs / URLs

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:55:58 +0100
To: "Giosue Vitaglione" <giosue@umich.edu>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
> Can you identify a car with a locator ?
> Not, of course.

Um... actually, I could if I installed an HTTP server into it
somewhere... I could kind of say "this IP address is the address of my
car", and maybe it could server back details of how fast I'm going,
etc. In fact, my car is broken at the moment, so it wouldn't register
anything.

Hmm, this isn't as crazy a notion as it sounds: some anti-theft
devices already communicate with the police when stolen, and I guess
there must be some cars out there hooked up to the Internet.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer