RE: Reification

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:17:06 +0600
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
<- What is probably needed is a pointer to a good advanced book on logic.

I've got a couple on my shelf that have remained contentedly unread for many
a year ;-)

<- Your scheme above is encoding, not expressing, because RDF has
<- no mechanism
<- that can be used to capture the meaning of negation.

Can you give me an example of a model that *can* be used to capture the
meaning?

Why does it need to capture the meaning in any case - if machine A
understands a = !b means 'not' and machine B understands a = !b means 'not'
why does the data model have to understand for a message to be conveyed?

I'm going to do some reading, because I still can't see the problem.