Re: A plea for peace. was: RE: DAML+OIL (March 2001) release

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:39:17 +0100
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: aswartz@swartzfam.com, www-rdf-logic@w3.org, phayes@ai.uwf.edu

> [Dan]
> And I think there's a place for reification when
> it comes to relating logic to communication protocols
> (but I'm not sure about that).

Depends on what you call reification of course ...
Suppose we have an object R which is a *representative* for a resource r.
That R object is actually an URI-of-r object that can talk via HTTP with r.
Actually a web browser is such a kind of R object ...
(but I also made R objects as representatives for remote Java objects)
Anything that happens with representative R, happens with resource r.
So r is kind of engine-available via R (and R is not a reification of r).
So the kind of *in-place (or in-circle)* RDF nodes I mentioned before
can be R objects (or RDF graphs containing such R objects).