Re: Reification

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: 05 Apr 2001 10:11:39 +0200
To: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Drew,

I'm not sure I understand all the the implications of your arguments
about reification.
What if I write

  (implies (is Reification Great) (likes Drew Reification) )

I do not use quoting here,
still the outer parenthesis seem to have a quite different meaning than
the inner parenthesis :
I do *not* assert anything about Reification being great nor you liking
it,
though I *do* assert the implication.

My understanding is that Triples do have the same "power" as the outer
parenthesis,
while reification only has the "power" of inner parenthesis.

  Pierre-Antoine