Re: semantics status of RDF(S)

I can not speak for the formal W3C RDF(S)  committee but will relay the gist of a few personal
communications.
When Richard Fikes and I published our axiomatic semantics
(http://www.ksl.Stanford.EDU/people/dlm/daml-semantics/abstract-axiomatic-semantics.html), we
received interest from  RDF(S) authors in using our axioms as the basis for the RDF(S)
semantics.  It is the case as far as I know that no formal statement has been made stating that
our axiomatization (or any other axiomatization) is the officially blessed foundation for
RDF(S).
Richard and I are happy to submit our axiomatization as the starting point.
We also welcome constructive suggestions on the axiomatization in its evolution  in serving the
DAML and broader W3C communities.
I would like to support Richard's suggestion that we might focus our discussion of the need for
a firm semantic foundation for RDF(S) in the form of constructive criticism of existing
foundations such as our document.

Deborah McGuinness

--
Deborah L. McGuinness