Re[1] DAML-ONT: the case for closedness

eCommerce (ec:),
> the QuantumComputerOntology (qco:) and the bogus one
(bad:). What was
> actually
> said is not all dmal:Things are ec:Computers but just all
bad:Things
> are ec:Computers. Perhaps this is not even bad in itself,
if all that
> this ontology discusses are in fact computers.

In this case, I agree there is no problem,
but I believe that was not the original assumption,
which was that the "bad:" ontology state :

 daml:Thing isa ec:Computer

This is were problems begin...
Or do you consider that the "bad:" ontology can *not* state
that ? In which case, your ontologies are closed, indeed.
And yes there is no problem, but it contradicts the "say
anything about anything" paradigm.

 Pierre-Antoine
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com