Re: DAML/RDF: a semantics and 2 more syntaxes

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:43:13 +0100 (BST)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
On October 14, Dan Connolly writes:

> OK... so it's this level that you're after. I'll try to
> cook up a KIF (or perhaps larch) specification for
> what I think the rest of the DAML vocabulary means.

I think it would be simpler, more useful, and less error prone, if
you/we define a formal mapping from DAML-ONT to OIL. This would be
useful in any case and will allow DAML-ONT to inherit a clear
denotational semantics.

On October 14, Dan Connolly writes:

> > Semantics                       denotational            English
> >                                 complete, unambiguous   partial, ambiguous
>
> I expect that eventually we can change that DAML entry
> here to "provided by OIL", but I haven't finished
> studying the OIL denotational semantics.

Yes please!

Ian
--
Ian Horrocks, Department of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK.