Re: A Model Theoretic Semantics for DAML-ONT

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:32:25 -0500
To: Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr
Cc: phayes@ai.uwf.edu, dlm@KSL.Stanford.EDU, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Let me second the sentiments by Jerome.  I expect that a semantics for a
simple representation language will be not much more complex than the
syntax of the language.  However, to really understand the ``semantics'' as
presented, I need to understand the syntax and semantics of KIF, which,
last time I checked, seemed to me to be aout an order of magnitude more
complex than DAML-ONT.

peter