Re: restrictions in DAML-O

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 00:55:28 -0600
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
CC: RDF Logic <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Sergey Melnik wrote:

> This question might have been raised.
>
> Why are DAML-O restrictions are not related to the RDFS constraint
> mechanism?

Because I don't understand the RDFS contraint mechanism,
I guess.

> I'd expect:
>
>         damlO:Restriction --rdfs:subClassOf--> rdfs:ConstraintResource
>
> and
>
>         damlO:restrictedBy --rdfs:subPropertyOf--> rdfs:ConstraintProperty

What would you do with that information, if you had it?

(btw... feel free to assert that in your own
knowledge bases, if it helps; just because
an assertion isn't in the daml-ont.daml file
doesn't mean it's not sensible or true.)

--
bind default <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/kb>
<mailto:connolly@w3.org> is mailbox of