Re: DAML-ONT: RDF syntax

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:59:08 -0600
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Dan Connolly, to Sergey Melnik:

> > While local references seem to remain intact, they actually refer
> > to completely different objects, so most applications that try to access
> > the copy will break.
>
>What's broken is the expectation of somebody who thinks
>they can take content from one part of the Web and republish
>it elsewhere without any glitches. The applications don't
>"break" in this case; they're just doing what they're told
>to do.

All code is just doing what it is told to do. If that isnt what one
wants it to do, then the code needs to be rewritten, not worshipped.

But Dan, it seems to me that content should, as far as possible, be
movable without breaking. Why is that an unreasonable expectation?

Pat Hayes

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes