Re: Logic and Using The Semantic Web Toolbox

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:52:19 +0100
To: " - *connolly@w3.org" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: " - *www-rdf-logic@w3.org" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Dan Connolly wrote in a reply to Jos De Roo:
> > In the first ("assembly" RDF) representation the single statement
> >   [#cernDoc] #include [thisDocument]
> > is asserted and becomes a fact

> Huh? No, it represents the 4 statements:
>       [#genid] rdf:type [rdf:Statement]
>       [#genid] rdf:subject "#cernDoc"
>       [#genid] rdf:predicate "#includes"
>       [#genid] rdf:object "thisDocument"

I was wrong. So we have 4 statements representing
statements-about-a-statement. Indeed, our implementation
is with an anonymous resource (instance of the Java Euler
class) with a couple of outgoing arcs (member fields). We
can assert the fact and rule statements because the
descriptions we have are coming out of an XSLT transform
as statements-about-a-statement-that-is-asserted.
Thank you and all the others for the constructive remarks!

--
Jos De Roo, AGFA