Re: A modest proposal for reforming RDF

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:06:26 -0500
To: drew.mcdermott@yale.edu
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
A very ``modest'' proposal indeed!

Let me go on record that I much prefer this approach to providing logical
meaning to the web over the one embodied in the current RDF.  However, it
is my strong feeling that Drew's proposal is a drastic revision of the
current RDF.  About the only thing that the proposal keeps from RDF are a
few of RDF's surface syntax constructions, and even they are modified by
the possiblity of variables.

Peter Patel-Schneider