Re: Logic and Using The Semantic Web Toolbox

From: Graham Klyne <gk-lists@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:55:58 +0000
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
At 12:50 PM 12/4/00 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>Tim Berners-Lee *seems* to be saying that negation can be defined in RDF
>by reification.

I haven't had the benefit of direct conversation with TimBL on this topic,
but based on his design issues "toolbox" paper I *think* he is claiming
that negation can be defined using reification *and* introducing some new
externally-defined concept;  i.e. that base RDF alone is not
sufficient.  Which is what I understand you to be saying.

#g

Graham Klyne                       Content Technologies Ltd.
<Graham.Klyne@mimesweeper.com>